What to Consider When Choosing a Builder
Why Be a Prime Homeowner
Selecting a home builder is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Some questions to consider during the process….
- How long has the builder been in the industry?
- Is the home building their main business or a sideline?
- Do they have any complaints or judgments against them?
- Check their references.
- Check their credit and Dunn’s rating, do they pay on time?
- Are they a member of the NAHB and active in their local homebuilders association?
- Do they use insured sub-contractors?
- Do they use the same sub-contractors or jump from one to another?
- Is the cheapest method and products used or is quality the focus in design and function?
- How timely does the builder respond to service calls?
- Are they a student of the trade?
- How easy is it to contact the builder?